I’m so happy right now! My summer break officially starts as of 5pm today! I never know who’s happier about summer vacation…students or teachers (but I have an inkling as to who it is).
There are four big home projects on my summer to do list:
1. Finish painting and putting furniture together for Sahara’s new room (she’s switching to an empty bedroom in the house).
2. Turn Sahara’s old bedroom into a functional craft room (this project will take the most time because the room needs emptied, and I need to go through my craft room items to either keep or donate, one by one).
3. Turn the old craft room into a dining room which entails ripping out the carpet and installing either tile or hardwood or laminate flooring and moving a couple of pieces of furniture into it.
4. Fencing the backyard with a picket fence.
There are two big farm projects on my list:
1. Having a big area fenced in bigger and better for this fall’s pigs (due to arrive in September).
2. Bessie will have her calf mid-June to mid-August so a pen needs built for that time to keep Bindi away from the new calf until we see how she reacts to it.
I also have a list of food projects that I need to complete (every summer/fall):
1. Tomatoes – salsa, sauce, stewed (canned)
2. Green beans (canned)
3. Strawberry blackberry jam (canned)
4. Pickles (canned)
5. Zucchini bread loaves (frozen)
With that all written down, I must say that I feel a little like Martha!